Home of the Marauder M100 Build Thread - Rendering by Chris Hickman

Stripes by Scotty ("OUT TO LUNCH" UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

My name is Scotty George. I am from Salt Lake City and have been pinstriping since 2010 minus a 2 year break while serving a religious service mission in Madagascar. I am a graduate from the Collision Repair and Street Rod programs from UVU and am currently working full time as a paint technician at US Street Rods & Collision in Spanish Fork, UT. Pinstriping is a hobby for me, not a full time gig and with recent life events and the pandemic I am NOT currently taking on any new projects. I will reassess this situation Summer 2021, until then I will refer any jobs that are presented to me to one of my friends or other local pinstripe artists, thank you for understanding.

Instagram: stripesbyscotty
LinkedIn: Scotty George

I am posting both pinstriping and updates on my truck build here on this blog to help keep everything in one place. If you are looking into having some pinstriping done, I am open to answer any questions you have and would like to hear about your project. I am NOT a full time pinstriper though so my availability is constantly changing and based on what other projects I have committed to.

email: stripesbyscotty@gmail.com

801-660-9660 (call or text, Scotty)

Sunday, December 19, 2010

I love these little details...

Personally, I'm not a fan of chrome. If its a full on resto like bolt for bolt piece for piece to match the way it came off the showroom floor, I'm alright with that, that fits the era, thats the way its supposed to be... but as far as super old mild custom/resto rod/hot rod/daily driver sorta cars, usually they're not sporting a ton of chrome.. outside or in.  outside meaning the rocker panel trims, windshield wrap trim, etc... sometimes they've got accents and borders all over interior but then under the hood, they're usually just repainted colors from basic rebuilds and such... but you still love your ride and like to show it off whether or not you have the best of show totally flawless mirror finish paint and such, there's still little things that if you pay attention to and accent, people are still going to point that out and ask about it... So those of you that have seen my engine bay in the truck know there's blue and polished metal everywhere, its not just the fenders, there's little brackets and stripes everywhere on the motor as well... no chrome, just other colors that work together to create a theme that catches the eye... so now we've worked on figuring some other stuff out for my buddy's cars... here's some stuff to start out with Parker's 61 Cadillac's engine bay and Scottie R's 1970 C10 that we just picked up a new edelbrock aluminum intake and chrome valve covers for.
Scottie's 1970 C10

Parker's 1961 Cadillac Sedan De Ville "The Batmobile"
Lets face it... as much as we all love this car, its a bit of a basket case. Under the hood is a mess, not very clean, etc etc... so I'm working to change that, already a simple start with valve covers and air cleaner case that were originally blue covers from the factory and an all chrome aftermarket flame air cleaner with some work to match the covers... some other plans... still just waiting for stupid valve cover gaskets before taking the after pics. hopefully progress will be made this week :) cause i mean face it, Flat black paint, crackling exhaust, red hubcaps, white ring tires, Jade, our local UT pinup girl, (photo from Thanks2Frank.com) this car is obviously a rat without stripes...





And with the lack of a sound system or very presentable 'back window dash' i have some plans and materials to fix this up a bit too... :)

The basic sketch.

The giant butcher paper rought draft/tracing

I plan to tag the trunk right above the cad emblems...


No comments:

Post a Comment